The Luger P-08, also known as the “Parabellum-Pistole” was developed by Georg Luger in Germany circa 1898. This world famous pistol was both the German and Swiss militaries’ normal sidearm from the beginning of the 1900’s until the end of World War II, in 1945. The German Navy and Army adopted the handgun as the “Pistole-08”, hence the P-08 nomenclature. The P-08 is an ergonomically sound, recoil-operated, locked breech, semi-automatic handgun; typically chambered for the 9x19mm Parabellum round. Throughout both World Wars, the Luger was a highly sought-after spoil of war by American soldiers and today is often considered a centerpiece in gun-enthusiasts’ collections.